Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A butterfly with broken wings

I'm having some trouble posting pictures on my blog lately, so instead, I will post another one of my poems...
 
A butterfly with broken wings
Tears running down your cheeks
Eyes filled with sadness, but yet so empty
Staring off into a world that I can’t reach
I want to hold your hand and help you
Be the one to tell you it’s gonna be all right
But how could I ever lie to you my dear?
Who would have thought this to be the end?
No one saw it come knocking at the door
But now it’s too late to reverse it
I see you sitting in the moonlight
Your gaze speaking of anger and pain
Like a butterfly with broken wings
Tears running down your cheeks
Hitting your pillow as you sleep
I pray for you to find peace in a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment